Ofroe Referral Rewards Program Rules
Last Updated: January, 20 2019
These Ofroe Referral Rewards Program Rules (“Program Rules”) govern your participation in the Ofroe Referral Rewards Program. The Program Rules are in addition to any agreements between you and Ofroe, including the Ofroe Terms of Service (“Ofroe Terms”). The Ofroe Terms are incorporated by reference and shall apply to your participation in the Ofroe Referral Program, including, if necessary, to resolve any disputes between you and Ofroe related to or arising out of the Referral Program.
The Ofroe Referral Rewards Program (“Referral Program”) is offered by Ofroe, Inc. and its affiliates (together referred to as “Ofroe”) and provides Users who are interested in referring their family and friends (“Referrers”) the opportunity to refer eligible individuals to join the Ofroe community as new Clients or Barbers. These Program Rules apply to both referrers and referred Users, so please read carefully to understand your respective rights and obligations.
To be eligible to participate in the Referral Program as a referrer, you must (a) be a legal resident of your country; (b) be the age of majority in your territory of residence; and (c) maintain a Ofroe account in good standing. Referrers may be Barbers or Clients or Local Partners. A single person may use the Ofroe Platform in several ways (for example, as a Client and Barber). However, if you violate the Referral Program Rules or any applicable Terms of Service, Ofroe may suspend or terminate your ability to participate in the Referral Program under any or all of your accounts. For example, if you are a Client and Barber and you engage in prohibited referral activity under your Barber account, Ofroe may terminate your ability to participate in the Referral Program under all of your Ofroe accounts.
Under the Referral Program, Ofroe may provide you with a unique alphanumeric code (“Ofroe Code”) to distribute to eligible individuals to become new Clients or Barbers. Ofroe may also provide you the ability to create additional Ofroe Codes. Ofroe owns all rights in and to any Ofroe Code whether provided to you or created by you. You acknowledge and agree that: (a) Ofroe may limit the number of Ofroe Codes you may create or are made available to you, (b) you have no ownership rights in any form over the Ofroe Codes, and (c) Ofroe may reclaim, deactivate, invalidate or terminate your Ofroe Code at any time at its discretion.
How to Refer New Users
a. Referred Clients.
You may refer eligible individuals to become new Clients on the Ofroe Platform. In order to be eligible for a Referral Reward (defined below) for a new Client, the person must (i) have never previously created a Ofroe account; (ii) be at least the age of majority in your territory of residence, and (iii) satisfy the applicable Reward Criteria, as discussed below. If these conditions are met, the person shall be considered your “Referred Client.”
b. Referred Barbers.
You may refer eligible individuals to become new Barbers on the Ofroe Platform. In order to receive a Referral Reward for a new Barber, the person must (i) have never previously been a Barber or started an application to become a Barber; (ii) meet all eligibility requirements and be approved to operate on the Ofroe Platform, and (iii) satisfy the applicable Reward Criteria. Ofroe Barber eligibility and approval is determined at the sole discretion of Ofroe, and is not guaranteed. The duration of the review process may vary. If these conditions are met, the person shall be considered your “Referred Barber.”
c. Invitations through the Ofroe Platform.
d. Other Invitations.
You may also invite eligible individuals to become new Users by distributing your Ofroe Code directly and instructing them to manually input your Ofroe Code into the Ofroe App. A Client will not be able to apply your Ofroe Code if (i) they’ve already applied another User’s Ofroe Code or a different promotion code, (ii) they’ve already received Ofroe credit from Ofroe or another source on their User account prior to entry of your Ofroe Code, or (iii) they book an appointment through Ofroe prior to entering your Ofroe Code in their Account. A Barber will not be able to apply your Ofroe Code if they start their application without entering your Code. If a User does not enter your Ofroe Code you will not receive attribution for the referral and they will not be considered your Referred Client or Referred Barber. Ofroe reserves the right to supply new Users with Ofroe credit or sign-on bonuses at its discretion.
You are eligible to earn a referral incentive (“Referral Reward”) for each Referred Client and Referred Barber that you refer to the Ofroe Platform (subject to certain maximum limits and the other terms in these Referral Program Rules). Referral Rewards can only be earned for Referrals in your country of residence, and cannot be earned for cross-border referrals. As discussed above, in order to qualify as your Referred Client or Referred Barber, the new User must satisfy the applicable Reward Criteria. The Reward Criteria are set by Ofroe in its sole discretion and are subject to change at any time. The Reward Criteria may vary by market or within a particular market. Ofroe, at its sole discretion, may make available certain promotions with different Reward Criteria or Referral Rewards to other Users or prospective Users. These promotions, unless offered to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your Agreement or relationship with Ofroe.
If the new User that you refer satisfies the Reward Criteria, the type of Reward you are eligible to receive may depend on (i) which Ofroe User account you used to refer the new user (in general, Barbers and Local Partners can earn cash for Referred Users paid out in their weekly earnings, whereas Clients receive Ofroe credits in their Ofroe account — the amount of the Reward may also vary depending on which User account you use), (ii) the Ofroe region associated with your Ofroe account (which may be the last location you have logged into the Ofroe application), (iii) the Ofroe region associated with the Referred User when they apply your Ofroe Code, or (iv) other factors as determined and communicated by Ofroe.
b. Earning Rewards for Referred Clients.
New Clients you refer may receive Ofroe credit upon creating their new Ofroe account (“Referral Credit”). Referral Credit is only valid for use on the Ofroe Platform and is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Referral Credit may contain certain restrictions such as expiration dates or geographical use limitations which will be communicated to the new Client. New Clients should check the Payments tab within their Ofroe app to determine whether they have Referral Credit and any restrictions on its use. In order to satisfy the Referral Criteria, the referred Client must book their first Ofroe appointment before the Referral Credit expires, but in no event later than thirty (30) days from the creation of their Ofroe account. All terms and conditions for the distribution and use of Referral Credit are determined by Ofroe in its sole discretion.
c. Maximum Rewards for Referred Clients.
The maximum amount of Referral Rewards that Ofroe will pay for Referred Clients is $2,000 per week (either in cash, Ofroe credit, or a combination of the two). For example, if the Referral Reward is $10 per Referred Client and you generate 230 Referred Clients in a single week, the maximum you can earn is $2,000 (in cash or Ofroe credit) for such week. This maximum Referral Reward amount shall apply across all of your Ofroe accounts (Client, Barber, and/or Local Partner). You may not create multiple Ofroe accounts to circumvent the Referral Reward maximum, and Ofroe may withhold or deny any amounts above the maximum Referral Reward. Ofroe reserves the right to change this maximum amount, and it is your responsibility to review the Referral Program Rules for the current maximum limits.
d. Earning Rewards for Referred Barbers.
When you refer a new Barber to the Ofroe Platform you may be eligible for a Referral Reward if the Barber is approved and satisfies the Reward Criteria. The applicable Reward Criteria varies by time, market, and promotion. Ofroe will confirm the applicable Reward Criteria for the Referred Barber (if any) upon submission of their Barber application. As a standing rule, the new Barber applicant must complete their Barber application and become approved to operate on the Ofroe Platform within 30 days of starting the application in order to be eligible to complete the Reward Criteria. In addition, the Reward Criteria for new Barbers always includes providing a certain number of bookings on the Ofroe Platform within a certain number of days of becoming approved to operate as a Barber on the Ofroe Platform (the specifics shall be confirmed upon application). In all cases, no more than two bookings given to the same client shall count toward the booking total.
e. Maximum Rewards for Referred Barbers.
Ofroe reserves the right to set a maximum amount of Referral Rewards you can earn per week (or any other time increment) for referring new Barbers to the Ofroe Platform. It is your responsibility to review the Referral Program Rules for the current maximum limits.
f. Resolving Disputes over Referrals.
Only one person can earn a Referral Reward for a single Referred Client or Referred Barber. In the event that multiple persons claim credit for a particular referral, Ofroe has full discretion to determine which person earned such referral according to Ofroe’s systems.
g. Reservation of rights.
Ofroe reserves the right to withhold or deduct Referral Rewards or Referral Credit obtained through the Referral Program in the event that Ofroe determines or believes that the receipt of the Referral Reward or Referral Credit was in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of these Referral Program Rules or any other applicable agreement between you and Ofroe.
In connection with your participation in the Referral Program, you expressly agree to the restrictions listed below. When distributing, promoting or communicating your Referral Code(s) you agree that:
a. No spamming. You agree that you will not “spam” anyone with invitations to join the Ofroe community, and that you at all times will remain compliant with CAN-SPAM, the TCPA, and other applicable laws. The following specific activities are prohibited:
- Mass emailing, texting or messaging people you do not personally know;
- Use of automated systems or bots through any channel to distribute, post or respond to your Referral Code;
- Use of scripts, programmed or automatic dialers to send invites or to communicate Referral Codes; and
- Posting referral codes on event or venue pages without express permission from the owner.
b. No Misrepresentations. You agree that you will not attempt to mislead anyone in connection with the Referral Program, either by affirmative representation, implication, or omission. In particular, you agree that you will not:
- Impersonate any person or entity
- Create fake accounts, blogs, webpages, profiles, websites, links or messages
- Misrepresent your relationship with Ofroe or any other third party (Don’t create content or communications that could have the effect of leading a consumer to believe that it is an official communication from Ofroe.)
- Suggest that an affiliation or partnership exists with a third party where none exists. Some examples include:
- “Use code ‘SUPERBOWL’ to get up to $10 off your Ofroe booking before the Superbowl! #SUPERBOWL #OFROE”;
- “Howard Stern loves Ofroe! Use code ‘STERN’ to get up to $10 off your Ofroe booking so you can look as fresh as Howard!”; or
- “Pauly D loves Ofroe! Use Ofroe to look fresh for the jersey shore!”
- Don’t make misrepresentations with respect to the characteristics or qualification requirements for any referral rewards. You acknowledge that Ofroe may change the characteristics or qualification requirements for referral rewards in its discretion, and therefore you shall not represent any fixed characteristics (e.g., amount of Ofroe credit, expiration date).
c. Prohibited content. You agree that you will not use the Ofroe brand in connection with:
- Disparaging or defamatory content concerning Ofroe or third parties;
- Content which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, discrimination or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Offensive, abusive, intimidating or harassing content
- Content that is sexually explicit, obscene and/or contains nudity
- Any political and/or religious statement;
- Content containing images or reference to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, weapons or firearms
- vii. Content that violates someone else’s privacy
d. Other restrictions. You also agree that you will not:
- Specify the monetary amount of the referral code unless authorized by Ofroe in writing;
- Create websites, domains, URLs, social media handles or email addresses containing the word “Ofroe”;
- Use the names or marks of Ofroe competitors
- Use images of celebrities or other public or private figures without their written consent
- Use someone else’s brand name or intellectual property without their written consent (for example, referencing “Superbowl” or “Coachella” would be prohibited);
- Engage in phishing or attempting to obtain financial or other personal information
- Solicit passwords or personally identifiable information
- Sell your Referral Code. You agree that you will only distribute your Ofroe Code free of charge only for promotional purposes. You may not sell, trade, or barter your Ofroe Code under any circumstances. You may not pay or provide anything of value to an invited user beyond any referral credit or collateral supplied by Ofroe.
- Violate or infringe the rights of a third party. You will not create any Ofroe Code that infringes on the intellectual property rights of any third party. You will adhere to the License terms in any use of the Ofroe Marks.
- Advertise. You agree that you will not pay to advertise your Ofroe Code or the Referral Program, including via Google, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Bing and Craigslist.
- Create printed materials other than those authorized by Ofroe (including but not limited to: PrintRunner)
- Post printed materials on public or private property without the express written consent.
- Engage in fraudulent activity. You agree that you and your referrals will not defraud or abuse (or attempt to defraud or abuse) Ofroe, the terms of the Ofroe Referral Program, or any invited users.
If you violate any of these restrictions Ofroe may, in its discretion, remove your eligibility to participate in the Referral Program, and/or deny you any Referral Rewards earned in violation or suspected violation of these restrictions, and pursue further legal remedies.
The following terms shall also apply to your participation in the Referral Program.
- Referred Barbers who earn a Referral Reward for satisfying the Reward Criteria are not eligible for other sign-on bonuses or sign-on guarantees.
- Users cannot earn Referral Rewards for referring themselves.
- In exchange for allowing you to promote your Ofroe Code online (subject to the restrictions above), you agree to include a link on any such promotion page back to Ofroe’s promotion page (or such other page as Ofroe designates).
- All Ofroe promotions run for a limited time only and are subject to change at Ofroe’s discretion.